SOPREMA is an international company specializing in the manufacturing of modified bitumen membranes. SOPREMA’s product line includes roofing, waterproofing and air/vapour barriers.
Present in over 90 countries worldwide, SOPREMA offers an exclusive sealing technology, designed with an extraordinary experience of over 100 years of innovation.
- Diploma Education in Building or Materials engineering or in Architecture
- Shift Daily
- Job status Permanent
- Lieu de travail Ottawa
- Work timetable Full time
- Years of experience 3 to 5 years
- Rate To be discussed
- Number of positions 1
- Date according As soon as possible
- YOUR ROLE IN OUR TEAM
- THE CHALLENGES WE HAVE FOR YOU
- WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER YOU
- THE SKILLS WE ARE LOOKING FOR
YOUR ROLE IN OUR TEAM
Technical Sales Representative is responsible for the promotion, specification of Soprema products and systems to clients with the assigned territory. Also responsible for maintaining existing clients and the development of new clients for growth in the assigned territory.
The prime market areas included industrial, commercial and institutional construction segments. Clients included owners, corporate and property management accounts, architects, engineers, consultants, applicator/contractors and distributors.
THE CHALLENGES WE HAVE FOR YOU
- Coordinate the efforts of the sales force and the relationship with our distributors, professionals;
- Develop plans for the local market for appropriate coverage of the customer types in order to effectively promote Soprema products;
- Arrange meetings, demonstrations or seminars that highlight Soprema products using events such as “Architectural Lunch & Learns” and Symposiums;
- Participate in industry trade shows, and industry association meetings and events;
- Analyze market issues and trends and make recommendations to the Regional Manager to adjust pricing, technical recommendations as required to obtain market, while maintaining long-term strategies;
- Communicate, liaise and maintain a positive presence with industry professionals, including contractors, architects, engineers, consultants, specification writers and owners;
- Communicate and liaise with all head office departments providing a transfer of market information, market requirements and technical concerns keeping the Regional Manager informed;
- May require additional functions as required by Regional Managers.
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER YOU
- We Take Care of Our People
- A Solid Retirement
- Moving Forward on a Daily Basis
- You Refer, We Reward!
- Being Healthy Is Important!
- People Who Matter to You Matter to Us
- Performance Is a Shared Effort
THE SKILLS WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Education in Building or Materials engineering or in Architecture.
- Continued Education in sales training or industry related disciplines
Knowledge and Competences :
- Bilingual (an asset);
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the construction and industry related markets in the assigned region;
- 3 to 5 Years sales experience in the construction market or another similar market;
- A working knowledge of the Building Envelope including Roofing, Waterproofing and Air Barrier Markets;
- Ability to read architectural plans and specifications and draw simple construction details;
- Executive level presentation, selling and negotiating skills;
- Excellent listening and questioning skills;
- Excellent organizational and project management skills;
- Excellent time management.
Skills and attitudes :
- Integrity and respect;
- Organizational Ability;
- Strategic Ability;
- Customer Focus.
WORK CONDITIONS :
- The Technical Sales Representative can expect some after-hours meetings and weekend activities as required to accomplish is duties;
- Daily work schedule can vary depending on circumstance;
- The Technical Sales Representative can expect to travel to outside areas of the local market within their territory or region and potentially in the United States as required. Must have valid drivers license and Canadian Passport
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS :
- Excellent physical condition required.
- Regularly visits job site, climbing stairs and / or ladders to access roofs or below grade situations.
- Must be comfortable with heights as well as working on construction sites.
- May actually require doing small demonstrations of product usage at job sites, symposiums or trade shows. This may require the use of specialized tools.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. This position is open to both men and women. The masculine is used without prejudice for the sole purpose of readability.