Soprema is an international company specializing in the manufacturing of modified bitumen membranes. Soprema’s product line includes roofing, waterproofing and air/vapour barriers.
Present in over 90 countries worldwide, SOPREMA offers an exclusive sealing technology, designed with an extraordinary experience of over 100 years of innovation.
- Diploma DEC
- Shift Daily
- Job status Permanent
- Lieu de travail Woodstock
- Work timetable Full time
- Years of experience 6-9 years
- Rate To be discussed
- Number of positions 1
- Date according As soon as possible
- YOUR ROLE IN OUR TEAM
- THE CHALLENGES WE HAVE FOR YOU
- WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER YOU
- THE SKILLS WE ARE LOOKING FOR
YOUR ROLE IN OUR TEAM
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Shipping Leader is responsible for goods warehousing, shipping and receiving tasks regarding quality, quantity, and deadlines. He/She guarantees stock reliability and preparation quality before shipment.
He/she is the face of the factory to the customers. He/ she will dearly like to find answers and solutions to the customers requests.
Although he/she is responsible for the flow of pallets on the site, he/she involved in the global performance of the plant and is a support to the other departments.
THE CHALLENGE WE HAVE FOR YOU
- Ensuring the reception and transfer of raw materials;
- Managing inventories and location of goods;
- Supervising and training their team;
- Planning and supervising workloads;
- Preparing and shipping finished products;
- Initiating forklift maintenance requests and routine regulatory safety inspections;
- Setting and managing the budget of his/her department;
- Defining and achieving objectives regarding quality of service and cost optimization;
- Suggesting solutions to improve work processes;
- Guarantee the cleanliness of the storage areas
- Load/ unload trucks if required
- Enforcing health and safety rules, provide adequate training in conjunction with the safety department to ensure compliance with safety regulations
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER YOU
- We Take Care of Our People
- A Solid Retirement
- More Than Just Activities, It’s a Club
- Moving Forward on a Daily Basis
- You Refer, We Reward!
- Being Healthy Is Important!
- People Who Matter to You Matter to Us
THE SKILLS WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Diploma of collegial studies in industrial engineering or transport logistics; any combination of training and experience will be considered.
- CITT (Canadian Institute of Traffic and Transportation) – an asset
- CCLP designation – Supply Chain Logistic Certification
YOUR HARD SKILLS
- 5 years of experience in shipping and receiving (required);
- 5 years of experience in supervision of shipping and receiving staff (required);
- Good knowledge of storage methods, procedures, and management systems
- Good knowledge of load handling methods and hazardous materials handling methods;
- Good knowledge of occupational health and safety;
- Experience of storage controlled with Warehouse Managing Systems (an asset)
- Positive leader;
- Good anticipation of needs (Defining warehousing plans, determining bay dimensions, Organizing finished product replenishment);
- Organized and methodical personality ;
- Good listening skills;
- Sense of responsibility and judgment, thoroughness, and autonomy;
- Ability to manage large variations in the workload;
- Ability to establish simple and effective communication tools;
- Feeling as a part of a team, and leading his/her subordinates with the same spirit;
- A hands-on man/ woman;
- He/She remains connected with the reality and the priority of the factory.
YOUR JOB DETAILS
- Available on-call outside regular working hours
- Working with computer and softwar like, Quality Manager, Lotus Notes, WMS, and HR Expert
THE PHYSICAL DEMAND OF YOUR JOB
- Good physical condition
We are an equal opportunity employer. Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. This position is open to both men and women. The masculine is used without prejudice for the sole purpose of readability.