SOPREMA is an international company specializing in the manufacturing of modified bitumen membranes. SOPREMA’s product line includes roofing, waterproofing and air/vapour barriers. Present in over 90 countries worldwide, SOPREMA offers an exclusive sealing technology, designed with an extraordinary experience of over 100 years of innovation.
- Diploma DEC
- Shift Jour
- Job status Permanent
- Lieu de travail Chilliwack, BC
- Work timetable Temps plein
- Years of experience 3 to 5 years
- Rate To be discussed
- Number of positions 1
- Date according As soon as possible
- YOUR ROLE IN OUR TEAM
- THE CHALLENGES WE HAVE FOR YOU
- WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER YOU
- THE SKILLS WE ARE LOOKING FOR
YOUR ROLE IN OUR TEAM
For the Bitumen Products division, the Production Leader is an expert of the machinery and a strong leader for his team. Acting as a facilitator, he/she supervises and supports the production teams under his/her responsibility and contributes to the achievement of service objectives. The Production Leader is accountable for all the results that affect his/her sector (quality, safety, productivity, and production costs), and must act as a mentor and model for his/her employees.
He/She’s very committed in his/her business to a practical level. He/She’s also a challenger who wants to lead his team to a better performance as well as a manager who attempts to his/her team needs.
Member of the plant team management, he/she would maintain good communication with maintenance department and other departments.
THE CHALLENGES WE HAVE FOR YOU
- Directly managing employees under his/her responsibility, including staff hiring, layoffs, performance monitoring, supervision, and training;
- Reaching the objectives related to health and safety, environment, quality, raw materials use, as well as equipment and production volume performance and maintenance;
- Planning production of his/her manufacturing units to satisfy the customer while maintaining an optimum inventory;
- Supporting the maintenance team to ease interventions, and planning personnel management during major interventions;
- Analyzing gaps and opportunities for improvement to define and present action or improvement plans to the Plant Manager;
- Supporting, supervising, and planning requirements with teams during R&D trials;
- Supporting, supervising, and planning the implementation of industrial projects, either minor or major, with the project team;
- Participating in investment plans and justifying his requirements;
- Defining and monitoring operational budget (labour, energy, consumables, etc.);
- Implementing and monitoring KPIs in each area of responsibility;
- Promoting the requests for continuous improvement within his team;
- Ensuring the proper maintenance of the line (cleanliness);
- Communicating with the Plant Manager about the performance (good and bad) of his/her team.
- Running the machine if requested.
- Any other duties as identified by his/her supervisor.
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER YOU
- We Take Care of Our People
- A Solid Retirement
- More Than Just Activities, It’s a Club
- Moving Forward on a Daily Basis
- You Refer, We Reward!
- Being Healthy Is Important!
- People Who Matter to You Matter to Us
- Performance Is a Shared Effort
THE SKILLS WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Training in operations management
- Training in engineering (diploma of collegial studies or Bachelor’s degree)
- Complementary training in staff management
- Any combination of training and diploma will be considered
Knowledge and Competencies :
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing (an asset)
- Knowledge of bituminous products (an asset)
- IT tools (Office Suite, Excel, Word, Power Point), GPAO (AS400 an asset), and HR Expert
Skills and Abilities :
- Leadership and effective communication
- Rigour and performance
- Good analytical skills (reassessment) and strong problem-solving ability
- Commitment and openness to change
- Good listening skills and team spirit
- Proficiency in the field
- Hands-on, very close to the reality of his/her team and the factory.
- Strong proposal skills
- Performance and safety oriented
- Coaching of his/her team, sharing experience and values
- Positive spirit, failures are the first stone on the way to the success
- Sense of organization and autonomy
Working conditions :
- Schedule flexibility to ensure basic support and monitoring of all supervised work teams of his manufacturing units (required)
- Must wear safety glasses, earplugs, and boots at all times
Physical requirements :
- Good physical condition (possible load handling)
- Production Employees
We are an equal opportunity employer. Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. This position is open to both men and women. The masculine is used without prejudice for the sole purpose of readability.