Why should you join our team?
- Participation in profit sharing
- Shutdown at Christmas and all paid holidays
- Flexible insurance program (80% paid by the company after probation and up to 100% after one year!)
- Pension fund / 2 contribution options:
- 3% employee – 3% employer
- 5% employee – 4% employer
- Social club
- Paid weekly
- Reimbursement for physical activities (according to internal policy)
- Diploma Baccalaureate
- Shift Day
- Job status Permanent
- Workplace Woodstock, ON
- Work timetable Full-time
- Years of experience 6 to 9 years
- Rate To be discussed
- Date according As soon as possible
- YOUR ROLE IN OUR TEAM
- THE CHALLENGES WE HAVE FOR YOU
- WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER
- THE SKILLS WE ARE LOOKING FOR
YOUR ROLE IN OUR TEAM
Under the supervision of the Director of Operations, the Plant Manager, in collaboration with the Industrial Project Manager, will actively participate in the plant construction project and its start-up. He will also be responsible for hiring and training his work team in a start-up context and ensuring its profitability and growth over time.
Once the plant starts up, he must ensure that all operations are performing to standard and will be directly responsible for: Health and Safety, employee relations, operating budget, raw material supply, manufacturing performance, maintenance, quality, shipping, and inventory management. He communicates the company goals and ensures the implementation of the means to achieve them. He actively takes part in the development of his plant by evaluating and recommending investment projects.
THE CHALLENGES WE HAVE FOR YOU
- Plan and monitor the strategy, operational plan, monthly objectives and the financial statements of the plant and ensure that the actions taken, and the results of all departments meet the required targets;
- Ensure compliance and enforcement of occupational health and safety standards;
- Assume full responsibility for site operations;
- Ensure management and analysis of performance indicators;
- Plan and manage the annual production budget;
- Outline continuous improvement programs and develop the culture of continuous improvement in his plant;
- Coordinate and support the health and safety, production, maintenance, quality, shipping, supply, and environment/energy to achieve the overall objectives of the plant;
- Plan human resources needs in terms of recruitment and skills development;
- Mobilize the teams and ensure their synergy in order to achieve the objectives of the plant;
- Actively participate in several committees such as the Health and Safety Committee;
- Coordinate efforts between the plant and the external departments such as R&D, marketing, technical department, project team, logistics and sales management;
- With the Director of Operations and the Supply Chain and Sales teams, analyze and understand market trends, competition and the microeconomic and macroeconomic environment and determine the strategy accordingly;
- Develop and maintain close collaboration with other plants to have better synergy and collaboration;
- Perform any other related tasks at the request of his immediate superior.
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER
- We Take Care of Our People
- A Solid Retirement
- More Than Just Activities, It’s a Club
- Moving Forward on a Daily Basis
- You Refer, We Reward!
- Being Healthy Is Important!
- People Who Matter to You Matter to Us
- Performance Is a Shared Effort
THE SKILLS WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Your Academic training
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in an automated industrial environment;
- 5 to 10 years of experience in production or plant management;
- Bachelor of Engineering, Business or another relevant field.
- Office 365;
- Power BI knowledge is an asset;
- Bilingualism is an asset (French and English).
Your Skills and attitudes
- Integrity and respect;
- Commitment and professionalism;
- Demonstrate emotional intelligence and empathy;
- Demonstrate unifying and innovative leadership;
- Solid skills in managing work relations;
- Ability to work under pressure and in a team;
- Must have an excellent ability to communicate both in writing and orally;
- Initiatives a sense of ownership and responsibility;
- Understanding and communication of SOPREMA’s values.
- Plant floor;
- Office work;
- 40h per week;
- This position will require occasional travel within Canada and to Europe, and the United States.
- The Plant Manager can expect occasional dinner meetings or other commitments after office hours.
- 1 Purchasing Manager;
- 1 Production Manager;
- 1 Maintenance Manager;
- 1 Shipping Manager;
- 1 Quality/H&S Manager.
Candidature spontanée Alerte-emploi