SOPREMA is an international company specializing in the manufacturing of modified bitumen membranes. SOPREMA’s product line includes roofing, waterproofing and air/vapour barriers. Present in over 90 countries worldwide, SOPREMA offers an exclusive sealing technology, designed with an extraordinary experience of over 100 years of innovation.
Why you should join our team?
- Extensive Health Care and Safety Program
- Comprehensive benefits package (medical and dental)
- Pension Plan
- Salary paid weekly
- Telemedicine service
- Profit sharing
- Up to $200 reimbursement towards Gym and activity memberships
- Permanent Full Time position
- Diploma Electrical or Mechanical trades ticket is an asset.
- Shift Daily
- Job status Permanent
- Workplace Chilliwack, BC
- Work timetable Full time
- Years of experience 3 to 5 years
- Rate Annual - To be discussed
- Number of positions 1
- Date according As soon as possible
- YOUR ROLE IN OUR TEAM
- THE CHALLENGES WE HAVE FOR YOU
- WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER
- THE SKILLS WE ARE LOOKING FOR
YOUR ROLE IN OUR TEAM
Under the responsibility of the Plant Manager, the Maintenance Leader ensures the effective operation of 2 membrane machines, all equipment necessary for the operation of the facility as well as the building and grounds. The Maintenance Leader is also in charge of the development of his/her team. The candidate will also be responsible for small and large capex projects as well as improvements to the over all process. All responsibilities will fit in to the scoop of the Occupational Environmental Health and Safety program.
THE CHALLENGES WE HAVE FOR YOU
- Planning and overseeing all Maintenance activities;
- Coordinating, supervising and evaluating all Maintenance employees. Also encouraging and coaching the team to be better;
- Supervising the training of new maintenance employees;
- Assist in creating and implementing the Preventative maintenance program;
- Defining a strategy in accordance with its budget for the supplies of parts and support of external companies;
- Ensuring all maintenance budgets are respected;
- Suggesting improvements of plant equipment and overall facilities to the Plant Manager;
- Assist in setting departmental budget and making every effort to comply with it;
- Promoting good relations and communications with all other departments in the facility;
- Tracking and promoting the KPI’s of the department and communicating them to the team and the plant manager;
- Answering service calls to all other departments needs;
- Planning and executing annual plant maintenance shutdown;
- Assisting in any and all inspections throughout the facility;
- Any and all other related tasks to the success of the department.
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER
- We Take Care of Our People
- A Solid Retirement
- More Than Just Activities, It’s a Club
- Moving Forward on a Daily Basis
- You Refer, We Reward!
- Being Healthy Is Important!
- People Who Matter to You Matter to Us
- Performance Is a Shared Effort
THE SKILLS WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Electrical or Mechanical trades ticket is an asset;
- Management training programs;
- Preference will be given to Red seal Millwright.
Your Knowledge and Competencies:
- Maintenance support experience in a manufacturing plant;
- Good knowledge of industrial equipment;
- Proven trouble shooting skills;
- Reliable and trustworthy;
- Ability to create a positive team culture withing the department;
- Previous management experience an asset;
- Computer skills: Office365, GuideTI, Poka Excel, Word.
Your Skills and Abilities:
- Team spirit, flexibility and sense of belonging;
- Lean Manufacturing and 5S;
- Openness to change.
Your Working Conditions:
- Available on call outside regular working hours;
- Dayshift Mon – Fri. 40 hours per week. (min);
- Flexibility to fill in where needed;
- All PPE required to do the task safely;
- Some time dusty;
- Some time hot.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. This position is open to both men and women. The masculine is used without prejudice for the sole purpose of readability.