SOPREMA is an international company specializing in the manufacturing of modified bitumen membranes. Soprema’s product line includes roofing, waterproofing and air/vapour barriers.Present in over 90 countries worldwide, SOPREMA offers an exclusive sealing technology, designed with an extraordinary experience of over 100 years of innovation. We are currently looking for a Maintenance Automation Technician!
- Diploma DEC
- Shift Daily
- Job status Permanent
- Work timetable Full time
- Years of experience 3-5 years
- Rate To be discussed
- Number of positions 1
- Date according As soon as possible
- Your role in our team
- The challenges we have for you
- What we have to offer you
- The skills we are looking for
Your role in our team
Reporting to the Maintenance Leader, the Automation Technician ensures electrical maintenance in operational conditions in a highly automated industrial environment in continuous production (24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year). They are also in charge of preventive and curative maintenance for the electrotechnical and electrical sectors of the site.
The challenges we have for you
- Performing electrical maintenance on the building and production equipment;
- Providing assistance for mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic aspects;
- Ensuring maintenance and improvement on the automation (Siemens) and robotic sectors: programming, adaptation, and improvement of programs;
- Performing commissioning works on new equipment, and maintenance and troubleshooting operations;
- Periodically participating in the production process;
- Actively participating in continuous improvement projects;
- Ensuring close collaboration with the automation department, and communicating with other plants to share best practices;
- Writing technical instructions;
- Participating in the proper transfer of knowledge among employees.
What we have to offer you
- We Take Care of Our People
- A Solid Retirement
- More Than Just Activities, It’s a Club
- Moving Forward on a Daily Basis
- You Refer, We Reward!
- People Who Matter to You Matter to Us
- Performance Is a Shared Effort
The skills we are looking for
- Diploma of collegial studies in industrial electronics technology;
- Electrician (442A) Certificate (Required)
- 5 years of experience in a similar position;
- Experience in setting up a production site (an asset);
- Experience in industrial maintenance production support.
Your hard skills
- Good knowledge of electronics and industrial automation
- Good knowledge of new technologies
- Fanuc robot training is an asset
- Electrical (442A) Industrial certificate is an asset
- Electro-pneumatic controls and troubleshooting are required.
- Experience in Industrial maintenance production support is required.
- PLC and motor controls troubleshooting are required.
- ST computer and PLC programming knowledge is an asset.
- Company supplied tools.
- Ability to carry out an improvement project in collaboration with engineers;
- Strong team spirit and good work ethic.
Your job details
- 40 hours/week with occasional variations depending on the work schedule, and possible flexibility with the supervisor’s consent
- Shift work and on-call plant support is required;
- Temperature variations when working inside and outside the plants;
- Wearing safety glasses, hearing protection, and safety boots at all times;
- Must be available on-call
- Driver’s licence required (travels from one plant to another)
The physical demand of your job
- Tolerance to heat around some equipment
- Good physical condition (being able to move on the machines, working at height, and lifting loads)
The other conditions
- Longer term out of province (Quebec and B.C.) hands-on company training is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. This position is open to both men and women. The masculine is used without prejudice for the sole purpose of readability.