SOPREMA is an international company specializing in the manufacturing of modified bitumen membranes. SOPREMA’s product line includes roofing, waterproofing and air/vapour barriers.
Present in over 90 countries worldwide, SOPREMA offers an exclusive sealing technology, designed with an extraordinary experience of over 100 years of innovation.
- Diploma DEC or equivalent Ontario
- Shift Daily
- Job status Permanent
- Lieu de travail Ottawa
- Work timetable Full time
- Years of experience 3 to 5 years
- Rate To be discussed
- Number of positions 1
- Date according As soon as possible
- YOUR ROLE IN OUR TEAM
- THE CHALLENGES WE HAVE FOR YOU
- WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER YOU
- THE SKILLS WE ARE LOOKING FOR
YOUR ROLE IN OUR TEAM
The insulation estimator will be responsible for the estimating of tapered projects and also assist with any other related duties.
THE CHALLENGES WE HAVE FOR YOU
- Manage and priorities all request for pricing received from the clients or projects found on various construction websites;
- Make sure to aquire all required information (plans, specs and addenda) necessary for each project and verify that all information is currant;
- Interpret the plans, specs and addenda and verify that all the information is clear;
- If information is not clear the estimator must communicate with either the client, the representative or the professional of the plans and specs to receive clarification;
- Make sure that the information is properly relayed between the sales; production and tapered departments;
- On occasion may be required to assist with job site duties such as site dimensions, contractor support, ect.;
- All other related duties.
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER YOU
- A Solid Retirement
- More Than Just Activities, It’s a Club
- Moving Forward on a Daily Basis
- You Refer, We Reward!
- Performance Is a Shared Effort
THE SKILLS WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Civil engineering technologist or 3-5 years experience in project estimating.
Knowledge and Competences :
- 1-3 years experience in the roofing or tapered insulation industry;
- Knowledge in the commercial roofing industry;
- Experience with Autocad;
- Experience with TaperPlus is considered an asset.
Skills and attitudes :
- Must be a self-motivator;
- Ability to work within a team;
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment in which priorities are constantly changing;
- Bilingual, fluent to speak and write in both English and French.
Work conditions :
- 40 hrs per week Monday to Friday;
- Occasional local travel to local job site;
- Occasional travel outside of the province.
Physical requirements :
- Ability to climb ladders or staging to access roof tops.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. This position is open to both men and women. The masculine is used without prejudice for the sole purpose of readability.